1. ELIGIBILITY: This First American Mortgage Solutions, LLC Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the forty-nine (49) states of the United States and the District of Columbia (void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and all oversees military installations) who are at least nineteen (19) years of age or older as of April 1, 2018, with access to the Internet at all times during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below) and subsequent Prize Award Period (as defined below). All employees of First American Mortgage Solutions, LLC ("Sponsor") and its parent corporation, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, prize providers, contractors or agents (all of the foregoing together with Sponsor collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these official rules ("Official Rules").
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 7am EST on October 14, 2018, and ends at 6pm EST on October 16, 2018 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted to the Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Enter these Sweepstakes by submitting or scanning a business card with your current information into the Sponsor’s secured location within Sponsor’s designated ballroom located at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center during the days of October 14, 2018 thru October 16, 2018. Limit one (1) entry per person and per household during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of the method of entry. Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than one (1) entry into this Sweepstakes will result in such entrant being disqualified.
5. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant by entering and each Prize Winner by accepting the Prize grants to the Sweepstakes Entities a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant's name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively, "Licensed Rights"), in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval.
6. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS: One(1) Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or before November 15, 2018. The Prize Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The l Prize Winner will be notified via the e-mail address as provided by that Winner to Sponsor at Sweepstakes entry within twenty-four (24) hours after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. At the sole discretion of Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternative winner may result from any of the following: (1) a Prize Winner's failure to respond to notification promptly after its transmission; (2) the return of an e-mail notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a Prize Winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, and residency; (4) a Prize Winner's failure to notify Sponsor of its valid claim of the prize by December 31, 2018; and (4) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
7. PRIZE: The following "Prize" will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any prize package and are solely the Prize Winner's responsibility.
The Prize Winner and one guest will:
• Be Brett Waterman’s VIP guests on the California Coast
• Join the star of HGTV’s "Restored" and First American’s “Unlocking History” on a private architectural tour of a historic California estate
• Join Brett for some fun excursions
• Get flown out to Los Angeles and put up in a hotel for 3 days and 2 nights
Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. The Prize will be awarded provided Winner notifies Sponsor of its valid claim by December 31, 2018, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded. All taxes on Prizes, if any, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using the Prizes not listed in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of each Winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final value of the Prize, if applicable. The Prizes will be shipped only to addresses in the United States. The Winner must use the Prize before December 31, 2019.
8. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes Entities' websites, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside of the control of the Sponsors which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor will select a Prize Winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right at is sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the term of services, conditions of use and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prose; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with computer Sweepstakes information. Sweepstakes Entities make no warranties and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnishes in connection with Sweepstakes.
9. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, injuries, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to: (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; or (ii) entrant's participation in ay prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). Prize Winner assume all liability for any injury, death, or damage cause, or allegedly caused, in whole or in part, by participating in this Sweepstakes or receipt, use or redemption of the Prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of laws principals of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California.
Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities' liability will be limited to two hundred dollars ($200.00), and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant waives the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
11. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNER'S LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the Winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: First American Mortgage Solutions LLC's Sweepstakes Official Rules/Winners' List Request, 4 First American Way, Attn: Marketing, Santa Ana, CA 92707. Request for winner must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. VT residents may omit return postage.
12. SPONSOR: First American Mortgage Solutions LLC, 4 First American Way, Attn: Marketing, Santa Ana, CA 92707.